2 not fair; marked by injustice or partiality or deception; "used unfair methods"; "it was an unfair trial"; "took an unfair advantage" [syn: unjust] [ant: fair]
- Rhymes: -ɛə(r)
Fair may refer to:
- A fair, a type of market, or fête
- a funfair, or carnival, with amusement rides
- Fairness measure, a mathematical measure used in computer networking.
- Fair coin, an unbiased coin
- Fair ball, a baseball term used to describe certain batted balls
- Fair (band), a Christian alternative rock band.
- Fairing, a structure whose primary function is to produce a smooth outline and reduce drag
- 40% or less cloud cover. See Sky Condition
- Justice, to act a just, unbiased manner
- Fair, a low grade in coin grading
- Blond, as in "fair hair"
- For fair in a Combinatorial game, see Fairness in the game Connect6
- "Fair" is a song by Remy Zero feautured in the movie Garden State
- The Fair Store, a defunct Chicago area department store chain
- Seville Fair festival anual in Seville (Spain)
- The Fair, an unrelated department store chain in Michigan
Acronym FAIRThe acronym FAIR may refer to:
- Fair Access to Insurance Requirements, a federal-state insurance plan designed to provide insurance at reasonable prices to those individuals who could not otherwise obtain insurance from private sources.
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, an American media watch group that reports on bias and censorship in the media.
- Fair Allocation of Infotech Resources, is a Nordic non-profit NGO aiding developing countries by supplying resources within ICT, such as hardware, software, training, information and support
- Families Acting for Innocent Relatives, a Northern Ireland victims' group headed by Willie Frazer
- Family Action Information Resource, a British cult watch campaign and support group
- Federation for American Immigration Reform, an organization which promotes immigration reduction
- Forum Against Islamophobia and Racism, a London-based Muslim advocacy group which campaigns against discrimination in the form of Islamophobia or racism.
- Forum for Academic and Institutional Rights, an association of American law schools that sought and failed to overturn the Solomon Amendment
- Foundation for Advanced Information and Research
- Foundation for Apologetic Information & Research, an organization which engages in apologetics regarding Mormon theology
- Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (Facility for Antiprotons and Ions Research), a future laboratory in Germany
- Frankfurt Attention Inventory [de], a psychological attention and concentration test
unfair in German: Fair
unfair in Dutch: Fair
unfair in Japanese: フェア
unfair in Polish: Fair